I am an artist specializing is science fiction and astronomically themed paintings. I have been painting for over forty years. I work mostly with acrylic paints on canvas. This blog is the online diary of my work in progress. Some of my completed paintings will be displayed here but the primary intent is to show works in the various stages of their development from inception to completion. I hope you enjoy it.
----David A. Henninger

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Triptych: Work In Progress

I've started work on a triptych.  So far I've only roughed in the background.
 I intend to add more detail and a much more interesting foreground.  Sometimes the trick is to know when to stop.  The basic viewpoint is worlds near one limb of a galaxy.

Unlike most of my paintings this is not done on canvas.  Rather I'm using gesso prepared Masonite mounted on wooden frames.  This should give the finished work a sharp, well dressed look and none of the three final pieces will require a frame.

 I'll publish more on this piece later.

No comments:

Post a Comment